Tween fashion can be fun and stylish. Girls at this age are discovering what clothing styles best suit their personalities and they may be more interested in putting together their own outfits! Discover some key transition pieces that will help your tween go from shopping in the little girl section to the fun and spunky teen section.
FIVE TRANSITION PIECES FOR YOUR TWEEN
1. A denim jacket is a classic piece that all females should have as part of their wardrobe. Add a denim jacket to a dress or leggings to scale their look from little girl to tween. It will also replace the leggings and oversized t-shirt that they love to wear everyday.
2. A little black dress can be worn in different ways and year-round. We recommend a mini shift dress. A shift dress has a looser fit and is more age-appropriate for your little girl.
3. A patterned romper or jumpsuit will add a fun look to your tween's closet. Pair them with a wedge for a dressy look or sneakers for a more casual look.
4. Speaking about wedges! Let's talk about why we should get a wedge instead of a heel. A wedge has more of a casual look, but will still dress up an outfit. A heel can come off sometimes as too sexy, so to make sure our tween girls are dressing age-appropriate, stick with a wedge or a shoe with a lower sole.
5. The last transition piece would have to be a skort. An item like this adds some maturity to an outfit, but still keeps the modesty that is needed. Pair this with a sweater and booties for a fun, fall look.
While trying to style your tween, don’t forget to leave room for their own personality. This age is crucial for figuring out who they are and their wardrobe will help express that. These five items should be a great and easy start for your girl! Don’t forget to stop by the store and shop for these items! We would be more than glad to help you and your tween girl!